Silver Needle, also known as Baihao Yinzhen, is a white tea produced in Fujian Province in China. It is best picked between late March and early April. It is the most famous white tea in the world and it is a traditional Chinese white tea with subtle, elegant flavors. It is considered to be of the highest grade of white tea in China, given that the process to make it is expensive and time-consuming.
Unlike most other teas, which can be made with both the leaves and buds of the tea plant, the Silver Needle is made with just the buds. These buds are tiny and weigh very little, so it takes thousands upon thousands to make one pound of Silver Needle.
Silver Needle is one of those teas that you can really fall in love with on first sight. Its appearance is gorgeous, with beautiful, downy white buds that sparkle a little in the light.
- Tea leaf: 2-3 g / 0.07-0.10 oz
- Water temperature: 80-90 °C / 176-194 °F
1. Put 2-3 g tea leaves into glass
2. Pour hot water in until the glass is 30% full
3. Swirl the glass slightly to mix the tea leaves with the water
4. Continue to pour the the water until the glass is 70% full
Aids in Treating diabetes
Improves Cardiovascular Health
Boosts metabolic speed
Lowers oxidative stress
Prevents neurodegenerative diseases
Improves oral health